This year the Amica Insurance Seattle Marathon turns 45! And while it’s true: We Make 45 Look Good, we also know that it’s you – our loyal running community – that make us look good! That’s why we’re launching the Seattle Marathon Ambassador Challenge.
What Ambassadors will do:
- Be happy and fun!
- Train and race in Seattle Marathon gear
- Participate in the 2015 Amica Insurance Seattle Marathon full or half run or walk.
- Attend events and distribute collateral in their hometown (at running stores, local races, etc.)
- Spread the word about the Seattle Marathon Family of Events (through local running clubs, social media, blogging, etc) and answering questions.
- Post pictures and short blurbs about your training (in SM gear) to your personal social media page as well as SM's twice a month.
- Participate in monthly #RunSeattleChat Twitter sessions
- Volunteer for at least 2 local events in your area (be sure to wear your SM swag and take photos). One event can be packet pickup for us in November if you are available.
What Ambassadors Get:
- Seattle Marathon Ambassador Starter’s Kit, including Official Seattle Marathon Association Gear
- Free entry to 2016 Amica Insurance Seattle Marathon
- Featured / guest blog post
- Ambassador profile hosted on Seattle Marathon Website
- Seattle Marathon Family of Event discount codes for friends
- 50% off entry to 2015 Seattle Marathon 10k Race
- Discount on SMA Merchandise throughout the year
- Access to other promotional items as they become available through our amazing sponsors.
- Register for the Amica Insurance Seattle Marathon by May 31, 2015
- In 400 words or less explain why you would be the best Seattle Marathon Ambassador. This can be an email or blog post
- Send your write-up or link to blog post to email@example.com, along with your name, age, and city
In addition to the above perks and expectations, Ambassadors will have first notice of additional opportunities. These can include pre-race interviews and news stories, merchandise giveaways, Pace Team invitations, sponsor product giveaways and inclusion in special Race Weekend events.
All Ambassadors will be featured on Seattle Marathon Association website. Chosen applicants will have a profile, photo, and opportunity to connect with other runners through social media, meet-up runs, and more! You will have the opportunity to lead and guide new and inexperienced runners through their training process, motivate and inspire our runners, and share your story!
Please note that Ambassadors are NOT financially compensated in any way. We do not subsidize travel or training expenses or issue payment of any kind to our team. The Ambassadors serve for one calendar year, from June to December, though Ambassadors are encouraged to reapply each spring if they wish to continue on future years. The Seattle Marathon Association reserves the right to remove any Ambassador from the team at any time due to poor conduct or failure to perform duties.