The Seattle Marathon Association is looking for a full-time office assistant to join our small team. The office assistant will be responsible for providing general administrative support to the Executive Director as well as assist with the administration of event logistics. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering and forwarding incoming calls and emailsMaintaining event timeline and scheduling daily tasks
- Scheduling meetings and preparing agendas and board reports
- Some data entry and record keeping
- Assisting with the administration of event logistics, including corresponding with contracted employees
- Possibility to take on Kids Coordinator & Charity Partner Liaison roles
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented and highly organized. He or she will be comfortable using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. Should be a team player with excellent communication skills. Multitasking and prioritizing workflow are key skills for success in this role. Good verbal and written communication skills are preferred, as you will be the primary respondent to phone and email inquiries that come into the office. Previous experience in an office environment is preferred, but not required. Background in customer service is a plus.
Submit your cover letter and resume to: info[at]seattlemarathon[dot]org. An email will be sent confirming receipt of your application. No phone calls, please. The interview process will include 2 paid introductory work days. Upon mutual interest, a two week trial period will follow. We are looking to hire by April 21st, 2014. Pay to be determined by experience.
The Seattle Marathon Association (SMA) is a nonprofit organization governed by a ten-member Board of Directors. It is proud of its commitment to providing a quality running event in the Pacific Northwest, providing our sponsors with maximum exposure in association with the event and making a positive social and economic impact on the city of Seattle.
Our annual Family of Events include:
- Seattle Marathon 10K Race on August 23rd
- Seattle Marathon Santas vs Superheroes 5k Race on November 29th
- Seattle Children’s Kids Marathon on November 29th
- Seattle Marathon Health & Fitness Expo, November 29th & 30th
- Amica Insurance Seattle Marathon on November 30th