Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Monthly Question

In February 2012, we asked our Newsletter subscribers our first Monthly Question.

Runner's World recently gave the Saucony Men's ProGrid Guide 5 it's Editor's Choice award. 
What running shoe would you give an award to, and why?

Here are a few of our great responses:


I would give the Brooks Adrenaline an award because the shoe rocks!! It has amazing stability control and improves overpronation in a remarkable way. I don't think I'd be a distance runner if it weren't for these shoes!! It also comes in a road, trail and gortex version!!!

- Lisa M.

The award should go to the Brooks xls gel running shoe (#883439472989) for people with heel spurs and other sore foot issues, people who need to be nice to their feet.

- Deborah G.

I have three nominees: 1) the ASICS GT-2160 is a durable training shoe with excellent cushioning, 2) the Saucony Kinvara 2 is my go-to racing shoe because of its combination of light weight and adequate cushioning, and 3) the Saucony Peregrine, the trail cousin of the Kinvara, weighs in at only 10.2 oz. while offering outstanding protection against the hazards of the trail.

- Tom M.



I would give an award to my Salomon XT Wings2 for the following reasons:
-They are equally comfortable on roads and trails, and have enough traction for the latter without hindering the former
-Excellent forefoot padding
-Lightweight and flexible but still supportive
-Comfortable right out of the box
-Fancy laces mean my shoes won't EVER come untied
-Bright colors make them more fun to run in
-LOTS of reflective (not just a dab on the toe) makes me easier to see

Really though, I would give the award to all of my Salomon shoes- the Wings 1 and 2, the Crossmax, and the red pair I have in Goretex (best winter shoes ever!). 

- Skye G.



Thank you Lisa, Deborah, Tom and Sky!  

No comments:

Post a Comment